Class of 2019
May 15, 2019
The Shawnee Mission West Graduation ceremony will take place on Wednesday, May 15th, at the Shawnee Mission South District Stadium, 7:00 pm. In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved to the SM South gymnasium.
All students who are planning to participate in the graduation ceremony on May 15th MUST wear a cap and gown. Last year there was a change in the fabric of the graduation gowns, therefore, gowns from prior to 2018 cannot be worn. All announcements and other products offered by Balfour are optional.
If you have not ordered your cap and gown, contact Balfour 913-549-3076 or at www.balfourkc.com.
- Graduation will be held Wednesday, May 15th, at Shawnee Mission South District stadium. The ceremony will begin at 7:00 p.m. There is no limit on the number of guests that may attend the ceremony unless there is inclement weather and the ceremony is moved inside.
- In case of inclement weather, each family will receive five (5) tickets for admission to the SM South gymnasium. Extra seating & closed circuit TV for guests who do not have tickets will be available in the SM South auditorium.
- Graduation practice will be held on the last day of school for seniors after their Block 1 final exam (exact date to be determined). The day will include graduation practice, yearbook distribution, and the senior picnic. Attendance is required for all seniors. Caps, gowns, and tickets will be passed out at this time.
- Graduation announcements will be delivered to school sometime around spring break. Students should watch the student announcements for more information.
- Tryouts for Graduation Speeches will be held on Thursday, April 11th. Students must sign up in advance with Mrs. Benge in room 15.
- Tryouts for Readers of the Roll will be held on Thursday, April 18th, after school in the Little Theatre. Students wishing to try out need to sign up in the main office. Students should watch the student announcements for dates to sign up.
- ALL senior FEES and FINES must be paid prior to graduation. Students will NOT be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony with an outstanding balance. Families needing financial assistance may schedule an appointment to meet with an administrator to set up a fee payment plan. Students may check with the bookkeeper to determine what is owed.
- Seniors will keep their caps and gowns after graduation.