Enrollment - New Student to SMW
New Student Enrollment:
If you have just moved into our Shawnee Mission West attendance area, welcome! We are excited to get to know you and your student. To help our new enrollment process go smoothly, we need a few things from you.
1. Complete District Enrollment Online
Here are the documents needed for enrollment at Shawnee Mission West High School. Our district website has the forms in Spanish and English plus additional information about residency at https://www.smsd.org/families/enrollment . Transfer Request information can be found at our district website at https://www.smsd.org/families/transfer-procedures .
- Home Language Survey
- Student Enrollment Form
- Immunization Statement Form Signed by Parent/Guardian
- Activate Family Access
- Complete Mandatory Online Verification for Parent/Guardian
Once you have completed these forms, we will set up an enrollment appointment at West. We need to have the parent/guardian and the student at the enrollment meeting to help pick classes, take a tour, and find out important information to support your family during this transition. Cathy Hays, counseling assistant, can schedule a time to meet with you, your family, and school counselor. Please call her at (913) 993-7830.
2. GATHER DOCUMENTS
We need specific documents to enroll students in our school district. Please bring a copy of these documents with you to your enrollment meeting.
- Proof of Residency
- TWO Current Utility Bills (Gas, Electric, or Water Bill) listing name and address of guardian and showing a current date
- Current lease or rental agreement or home ownership documentation
- Copy of Student's Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Check out/Withdraw Form from previous school attended if possible
- Transcripts and Grades from previous school attended if possible
- Copy of parent/guardian photo ID
3. ATTEND APPOINTMENT WITH STUDENT
Please bring the complete paperwork and requested documents to your enrollment appointment with your school counselor. We will review all paperwork, check for graduation requirements, and create a schedule for your student. During this time, we will also complete any additional paperwork and releases for photos, computer use, physicals, etc.
Thank you for choosing Shawnee Mission for your child's educational needs. We look forward to meeting you!