Scholarship List: The above link takes you to a list of scholarships available to West Seniors. The list will be updated through the school year, and we recommend students check it on a regular basis. We also encourage you to explore the below links:
- KS Scholar Curriculum & Scholarships students who complete these specific courses may be designated as a State Scholar and possibly qualify for a scholarship based on the FAFSA and financial need.
- Kansas Promise Scholarship provides scholarships for students to attend Kansas community colleges and Kansas technical colleges in specific fields of study.
- QuestBridge National College Match program - check the website for qualifications.
Scholarship Application Tips:
Avoiding Scholarship and Financial Aid Scams:
Letters of RecommendationSome scholarships will ask for letters of recommendation from your school counselor. To help with this process, please follow the below steps.
- First, identify that you need a letter of recommendation from your school counselor for your application.
- Complete the below forms. One is for you and one is for a parent/guardian or other adult that knows you well.
- Email your school counselor that you need a letter or recommendation and that you've completed the below forms.
- Your school counselor will set up a time to meet with you to go over your response and ask additional questions so we can write you a strong letter or recommendation
- Student "Brag" sheet: https://forms.gle/ChhgJdmyVTFdLoY28
- Parent/Guardian "Brag" sheet: https://forms.gle/wUzQiq6FC6SQHR9z6