The SM West Library features several collaborative spaces, books in English and Spanish, student printers, a green room, a sound booth, a coffee bar, and relaxing activities such as puzzles and coloring. The library is open on most days from 7:20-3:20. Students are welcome in the library anytime with a pass from their teacher. Mrs. Stowers, the media specialist, is available to help students with finding library books, utilizing the online databases, learning effective research techniques, as well as technical guidance and instruction in the sound booth and green room.
- Students and staff may visit the library website to access the various resources available within the library/learning commons.
- Students and staff will find a list of resources, databases, and various ways to search the library.
- Students can use Destiny to hold and request books to check out from other SM district libraries.
- Library books are checked out for four weeks at a time.
- Students are encouraged to return books within the checkout period.
- Students will be sent email notifications when books are overdue.
- Fines will be assessed if a book is over 120 days overdue.
- Fines will be removed if the book is returned in a reasonable condition/format.
- Teachers may schedule lessons with Mrs. Stowers and reserve library spaces throughout the day to support their curricular needs.
- Students may email Mrs. Stowers to request a seminar pass.
For more information about the library at SM West, please email Mrs. Stowers at email@example.com.
Library website: https://sites.google.com/smsd.org/shawneemissionwestlibrary/home