The SM West Learning Commons features a library, green room, sound booth, coffee bar and several collaborative spaces. The Learning Commons is open on most days from 7:20-4:00. Students are welcome in the Learning Commons at any time for academic purposes. Mrs. Bullman, the media specialist, is available to help students with finding library books, utilizing the online databases, learning effective research techniques, as well as technical guidance and instruction in the sound booth and green room.
- Teachers and students may reserve learning common spaces throughout the day to support their curricular needs.
- Students may use the online form to request to visit the Learning Commons during seminar.
- This form allows students to also reserve the green room or sound booth spaces during seminar.
- Students and staff need to login to Destiny in order to access the various resources available within the library/learning commons.
- Click here to login to Destiny.
- Students and staff will find a list of resources, databases, and various ways to search the library on the Destiny home page.
- Helpful videos and as well as passwords will be available for students and staff use through destiny.
- Students can use Destiny to hold and request books to check out from other SM district libraries.
- Library books are checked out for three weeks at a time.
- Students are encouraged to return books within the checkout period.
- Students will be sent email notifications when books are overdue.
- Fines will be assessed if a book is a month overdue.
- Fines will be removed if the book is returned in a reasonable condition/format.
For more information regarding the Learning Commons at SM West, please email Mrs. Bullman at email@example.com.